1. A booking is only effected by the proprietors receiving a completed, signed and dated booking form together with the appropriate deposit.
2. A 25% deposit of the total cottage rental is payable on booking. If the booking is subsequently cancelled in accordance with Clause 4, the deposit will only be refunded if the letter of cancellation is received 13 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date and such refund will be the deposit less the cost of administration determined by the proprietors in their absolute discretion. The deposit will otherwise not be refundable.
3i. The balance of the total cost of the cottage rental is payable 28 days before the holiday commencement date.
3ii. If the booking is subsequently cancelled in accordance with Clause 4, the balance will become immediately due and payable or, if already paid, will not be refunded unless at least 10 weeks notice is given of cancellation or the proprietors are able to re-let the whole of the period booked. If the proprietors are able to re-let the period booked then the refund of the balance will be subject to a deduction of administration cost in connection with the re-let determinable by the proprietors in their absolute discretion.
4. Cancellation by the client after booking must be in writing and sent to the proprietors.
5. Letting commence from 3.00pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.10am on the day of departure.
6. The client aggress to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition; to report all breakages, losses and damage to the proprietors and pay for them on leaving.
7. Client’s baggage, vehicles and their contents are at owner’s risk at all times and the proprietors do not accepts and liability for accidents and injuries incurred during the client’s occupation of the premises.
8. The proprietors reserve the right to refuse acceptance or to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is detrimental to the comfort of other visitors or otherwise a nuisance.
9. Under no circumstance may more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in the brochure, occupy a property, except by prior written agreement with the proprietors.
10. The swimming pool is heated and we aim for a temperature of around 80 deg F. However, the temperature cannot be guaranteed. We make every effort to keep the swimming pool open all season, however it may be necessary to close it due to contamination, mechanical breakdown or other circumstances beyond our control. No compensation will be paid in these circumstances.
11. We will not pay compensation due to failure of any appliances within any of the cottages.
12. A £200 refundable damages deposit is taken on the balance payment. This will be refunded 7 days after the departure providing Wagtail has been left clean and damage free.